Sunday, August 16, 2015

Who is Hammer Down?

JUST WHAT I THINK….
I’m nobody special, but I have been given the opportunity to put my thoughts out there to promote conversation information and maybe start a few fights. My Bona Fidies are: I am 54, white, hairy, and All-American truck driver. As a child, I was trained by a PTSD Special Forces Vietnam Vet, along with the rest of my Boy Scout troop in evasion, resistance, escape, and general buggery of the enemy. We learned to survive with nothing but our clothes and a pocket knife through the use of theft, distraction, skullduggery, and knowledge of the surrounding culture. We were taught this because my father and the Scout master were convinced that all young boys were wimps. We learned to eat things that would make a dog puke. We learned to set ambushes for other Boy Scout troops, steal their food, and bamboozle them with constant distraction and morale busting problems. After a stint in the military, I lived off the land for several years in the mountains of SE New Mexico. I worked part time construction, lived in a gold mine, and survived on what I could kill, hook, or pick for free. I discovered that law enforcement was a more constant pay check than construction. I worked my way up from basic officer to training supervisor. Schooled all over the country in small arms, tactics, trauma first aid, verbal judo, pain submission, and dealing with unsavory characters including my superiors. I ran with a crowd of survivalists. College educated, fascinated by history, bushcraft, and anything a pioneer would use to survive in a New World.
My children tell me, I have a head full of useless knowledge. Maybe they’re right. You can make that call. I will put out various subjects for discussion weekly, you might agree, you might disagree. You might get pissed off, you might feel pissed on, you might think I am an idiot. I might think the same of you. But either way, it’s just what I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment